Galatopita (horis phyllo) is the traditional milk pie without phyllo dough. Galatopita is one of my favorite desserts. It reminds me of my childhood and Easter vacations. A beloved family friend made this delicious dessert with much love and it was kissing us every time we went to see it! As you can see, we still visit our friends at the feasts to enjoy the sweet (and not only)! Recently, she shared with me the secret to taking off this specific recipe for the dairy pie and this is of course the quality of milk! The fresher and natural, the more unique it will be! Of course, you can make this traditional dessert at any time of the year even at Christmas, as you will find that it is easy to prepare, as long as you follow the instructions!
For this traditional galatopita without phyllo recipe, you will need milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar, butter, and fine semolina. I want at some point to try this galatopita without phyllo with stevia instead of sugar. Once I do, I will let you know the results!
This galatopita without phyllo recipe will take you about 40 to 45 minutes of preparation time and 30 minutes of baking time.
Galatopita without Phyllo - Ingredients
- 1.25 l of milk
- 250 g of fine semolina
- 250 g of sugar
- 2 vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
Galatopita without Phyllo - How to Make
- Start this galatopita without phyllo by taking a pot and adding the milk. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease well a baking pan with butter.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the semolina, sugar, vanilla extract to the milk. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Add the butter and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the baking pan.
- Bake for around 30 minutes until the galatopita gets a nice golden color.
- Allow the galatopita to cool before serving,