Ergolavi cookies are like macaroons. I don’t know of another cookie that’s as delicious and addictive and yet so easy to make.
These Greek almond cookies (amigdalota) require the following ingredients: white almonds, sugar, egg whites, and blanched almond. The secret in this recipe is the baking time. Do not bake ergolavi for more than 10 minutes. If you bake them too long, they will still be good but very crisp. The secret is to bake the ergolavi cookies enough that they are crunchy on the outside, and soft and chewy in the middle.
This ergolavi recipe, which gives around 36 pieces, requires no more than 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to bake.
Ergolavi - Ingredients
- 375 g of white almonds, very finely ground
- 125 g of sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 36 blanched almond halves
Ergolavi - How to Make
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put ground almonds, sugar, and egg whites in a food processor and pulse until well blended.
- Place spoonful by spoonful on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Press half an almond in the middle of each.
- Bake for 10 minutes. The cookies will be barely rosy on the edges, soft in the middle.