Patatosalata is the name of the traditional Greek potato salad. One of the basic ingredients of a potato salad is mayonnaise. For this recipe, instead of using mayo, I use Greek yogurt which is a much healthier substitute. Greek yogurt is rich in protein and significantly reduces the calories of this salad. As a result, this Greek patatosalata recipe is a healthier version.
Greek patatosalata requires the following ingredients: potatoes, mustard, Greek yogurt, olive oil, parsley, carrot, onion, salt, and pepper. This is a great side dish, especially for roasted meat.
This patatosalata recipe which serves 4 persons takes 15 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook.
Patatosalata - Ingredients
- 800 g potatoes
- 1 tsp. of Dijon mustard
- 250 g of Greek yogurt
- 2 tsps of Greek olive oil
- 2 tsp. of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Patatosalata - How to Make
- Start this authentic patatosalata recipe by washing well the potatoes under fresh water.
- Take a pot, add water and boil the potatoes (with skins) for around 20 minutes on medium heat. The potatoes are ready when they are easily pierced with a fork.
- When ready, remove from pot, drain the potatoes and allow them to cool in cold water for around 10 minutes. Now, the skins should easily fall off at this point.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, mustard, dill, carrot, salt, and pepper and add the potatoes cubes, onion, and parsley, tossing gently.
- Add the olive oil and mix.
- Decorate with parsley.