Pasta flora is the name of the Greek jam tart. If you are a tart lover, then you should definitely try this one. For many people, this jam tart reminds them of their childhood. It happens that I am one of these persons.
This pasta flora recipe requires the following ingredients: butter, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, cognac, and strawberry jam. Actually, you can use any jam flavor you cherish.
The preparation time for this pasta flora recipe is around 20 minutes and the baking time is around one hour.
Pasta Flora - Ingredients
- 225 g of butter
- 3 eggs
- 500 g of sugar
- 1 kg of flour
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 60 ml of cognac
- 900 g of strawberry jam
Pasta Flora - How to Make
- Start this pasta flora recipe by preheating the oven to 170°C.
- Beat the butter until it becomes soft and creamy.
- Add the eggs to the butter and beat until well blended, approximately for around 3 minutes.
- Add the sugar to the mixture and beat for 5 minutes on medium speed.
- Add the flour, baking powder, vanilla, and cognac and beat on medium speed.
- The mixture will be like a thick dough but should feel soft and should not stick to your hands.
- Place the mixture on a 13×9-inch pan. Save some of the dough to make lace strips on top.
- Spread dough on the bottom of the pan.
- Place the strawberry jam over the dough to cover completely.
- From the remaining dough that was saved make long thin strips ¼-inch thick to fit the length of the pan, as far apart as you like, 3 or 4 strips long.
- Repeat the same on the width side of the pan, 5 or 6 strips long.
- Bake for pasta flora approximately 1 hour until brown on top, or when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool down to room temperature before cutting the pasta flora into square serving pieces.