Kourabiedes sokolatas (κουραμπιέδες σοκολάτας) are the traditional Greek butter cookies covered with chocolate. These are not your traditional kourabiedes. The beloved traditional festive kourabiedes turn into a surprise delight with the help of chocolate.
To make kourabiedes sokolatas you need the following ingredients: butter, flour, eggs, sugar, baking soda, finely ground almonds, cognac, and chocolate couverture. For your reference, when I mention a cup as a measurement this equals 250 ml.
This kourabiedes sokolatas recipe takes 1½ hours to prepare and around 25 minutes to bake. It gives around 75 to 80 pieces.
Kourabiedes Sokolatas - Ingredients
Kourabiedes Sokolatas - How to Make
- Put the butter in the mixer bowl with the sugar, set it on high, and mix it until you get a fluffy and light mixture.
- Add the eggs and continue mixing for a while.
- Take a glass of water, add the cognac and dissolve the baking soda.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the almonds.
- Add the baking soda and some of the flour into the mixer.
- Mix for a while. Use now the dough hooks for the mixer and gradually add the flour mixer.
- Continue mixing until you get a soft dough.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Take a baking pan and cover it with some baking sheets.
- Pinch a bit of dough, roll it between your fingers and then mold it into an oval or crescent shape.
- Place them on the baking pan. Do this with all of the dough.
- Bake for around 25 minutes.
- Allow the kourabiedes to cool down.
- Melt the couverture in a bain-marie. Remove from heat, add the butter and mix well.
- Dip the kourabiedes one by one in the couverture and place them again on the baking pan.
- Allow the chocolate to cool well.
- Remove to a plate.