Hortosoupa (or xortosoupa) is the name of the traditional Greek vegetable soup. To make this mouthwatering soup you need the following ingredients: potatoes, onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, olive oil, salt, and pepper. But you can be more creative and add the vegetables you like.
This hortosoupa recipe takes around 20 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook.
Hortosoupa - Ingredients
- 3 mid-size potatoes
- 1 onion
- 3 mid-size carrots
- 1 bunch of celery, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, ripe
- 2 small zucchini
- 125 ml of olive oil
- Lemon juice (optional)
Hortosoupa - How to Make
- Start this traditional Greek vegetable soup recipe by peeling potatoes and cutting them into very small cubes.
- Repeat this process with the zucchinis and carrots.
- Slice the onion.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the tomatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Take a pot, put all ingredients and cover them with water.
- Add oil, salt, and pepper.
- Let the hortosoupa boil for about 20 minutes.
- Serve while hot.