Tahinosoupa is a quick dish, nutritious, easy, and ideal for fasting days. Soups are delicious and ideal for any time of the year. However, this tahini soup has another advantage due to the ingredient it bears in its name. Tahini is a food of high nutritional value, healthy, and nutritious which makes it ideal for all of us. Tahinosoupa is also great if you are a vegan or you fast.
In addition to its nutrients, tahini adds to this soup a special taste and the most wonderful creamy texture you could ever try in velvet soup.
Greek tahini soup is the best solution for something very nutritious, especially during periods of fasting and abstinence from meat and dairy products.
This tahinosoupa recipe is prepared in just 30 minutes.
Tahinosoupa - Ingredients
- 2 lt of water, plus 125 ml of cold water
- 250 g of parboiled rice
- 170 g of tahini
- 6 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of tomato paste
- Salt to taste
Tahinosoupa - How to Make
- Bring 2 liters of salted water to a boil, and add the rice.
- Cook, covered, for 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, mix the tahini in a bowl with 125 ml of cold water.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Slowly add 1 or 2 full ladles of rice water to the tahini mixture.
- Remove rice from the heat and pour all the tahini mixture into it.
- Add optional tomato paste, stir and serve.